This pattern was inspired by an 1878 wallpaper Almond Blossom and Swallow, designed by Walter Crane (1845–1915), one of the leading exponents of the Aesthetic Movement and the first President of the Arts and Crafts Exhibition Society. Crane’s wallpaper designs were often narrative and show the influence of Japanese art on British culture.
This wallpaper pattern was exhibited at the International Exhibition held in Paris in 1878, where it was awarded a gold medal. The original design is now housed at the V&A.
A nifty tapestry satchel-style bag.
- This crossbody bag is ideal for your daily essentials and it is compactly designed in its appearance
- Has the option to be worn as a crossbody or converted into a handbag or shoulder style bag
- Fastened with a zip top; the inside features a slip pocket and zip pocket for storage; whilst also containing a modest capacity for make-up and travel accessories
- Fitted with an adjustable (up to 22 inches) and buckled faux leather shoulder strap
- Size: 11 x 7.1 x 3.1 inches