This pattern was inspired by an 1878 wallpaper Almond Blossom and Swallow, designed by Walter Crane (1845–1915), one of the leading exponents of the Aesthetic Movement and the first President of the Arts and Crafts Exhibition Society. Crane’s wallpaper designs were often narrative and show the influence of Japanese art on British culture.
This wallpaper pattern was exhibited at the International Exhibition held in Paris in 1878, where it was awarded a gold medal. The original design is now housed at the V&A.
Ladies large tote bag definitively designed for an avid shopper. This shopping bag is sturdily made for a busy day at the shops; with ample room provided for your goods
- Pair of full width pockets located on both sides of the shopper; one is fastened with a zip and the other with velcro for a stylish variation and easy access
- Lined with a synthetic material on the inside and a zip pocket for belongings
- Top of the bag is gusseted with the tapestry material and has zip fastening across the full width, with velcro fasteners for extra security
- Two grab handles for carriage
- Reinforced base for extra support
- Mesh pocket at one end of the bag, ideal storage for a water bottle or umbrella
- Size: 12.2 x 11.8 x 5.3 inches