This pattern was inspired by an 1878 wallpaper Almond Blossom and Swallow, designed by Walter Crane (1845–1915), one of the leading exponents of the Aesthetic Movement and the first President of the Arts and Crafts Exhibition Society. Crane’s wallpaper designs were often narrative and show the influence of Japanese art on British culture.
This wallpaper pattern was exhibited at the International Exhibition held in Paris in 1878, where it was awarded a gold medal. The original design is now housed at the V&A.
If you fancy a very casual and compact bag, this tapestry fabric sling bag is for you.
- It is ideal for holding your travel documents when on holiday
- Wear it on its own or as an add-on to your other handbag
- Fastened with a zip top to protect your goods
- Webbing strap is adjustable and promotes comfortable travel.
- Features an inside slip pocket and zip pocket and lined with a patterned nylon
- Can be worn across the body or on your shoulder
- These fashionable sling bags are made from Signare tapestry woven fabrics
- Size: 7.9 x 9.1 x 2.4 inches