The Tile Club was formed in 1877 by a group of artists, writers, architects, and musicians working in New York City to promote the exchange of ideas by meeting regularly to paint ceramic tiles, and by organizing summer sketching expeditions. It included such important forces in the arts as Winslow Homer, William Merritt Chase, John H. Twachtman, Elihu Vedder, Julian Alden Weir, Edwin Austin Abbey, Arthur B. Frost, Augustus Saint-Gaudens, and Stanford White. The Tile Club and the Aesthetic Movement in America, which accompanied a major exhibition devoted to this important group of artists sponsored by the Museums at Stony Brook, New York, is the first publication to document the work of the Tile Club and its influence.
Previous owner has written their name on the first page. Slight wear to dust jacket.