An essential guide to encourage children to explore, enjoy and benefit from the natural world around them.
** "This thought-provoking book should provide many opportunities to discuss and learn from the natural world. Highly recommend for classrooms and libraries." – School Library Journal Starred Reviews **
Children are used to hearing about how important it is to protect nature, but they may not fully understand how the natural world can positively impact their emotional wellbeing. With that in mind, this book looks to enhance this time spent outside and show children how nature can be fun, uplifting, consoling, and even offer companionship.
This is a book about how nature can touch us all and help us with our lives (especially when we might be feeling bored, sad, or lonely). Children learn about the ways in which they can be comforted, inspired, and uplifted by examples of nature such as:
– a flowing river
– a cow in a field
– clouds in the sky
– rabbits in their burrows
– stars at night
– or a cuddle with a favorite puppy.
This is an inspirational book, not just educating children about the natural world, but teaching them to love and connect with it. Beautiful illustrations and a tone that is encouraging, warm and accessible makes it easy for children, and their favorite adults, to relate to.
- ILLUSTRATIONS BY TYLA MASON bring animals and plants to life to get children excited about connecting with nature.
- EDUCATIONAL AND FUN encourages children to discover what’s amazing and interesting about nature.
- EXPANDS EMOTIONAL LITERACY by helping kids explore how their environment makes them feel.
- AGES 8 AND UP with fun facts and engaging activities.