Some Indians cherished the poppy as both a source of food and for oil extracted from the plant. Its botanical name, Eschsholtzia californica, was given by Adelbert Von Chamisso, a naturalist and member of the Prussian Academy of Sciences, who dropped anchor in San Francisco in 1816 in a bay surrounded by hills of the golden flowers.
Finish: Solid brass, electro-plated with non-tarnishing silver finish, giclee print, ear wires are hypo-allergenic
Dimensions: Hangs approx. 1.50" (Gift Boxed with Provenance Card)