Everyone loves the Craftsman style, serene interiors featuring perfectly proportioned furniture, woodwork and built-ins. Here are complete working shop drawings for Craftsman interiors developed from original Gustav Stickley architectural designs. Introductory texts focus on design, materials, construction, installation, and finishing. Fully dimensioned construction drawings show builders everything they need to reproduce and install these interiors. Featured projects include a perspective view along with elevations, sections, and details.
The book includes:
- Moldings and trim: crowns, baseboards, chair rail, door and window casing, picture rail, beams, wainscot.
- Doors and windows: exterior doors, passage doors, doors with lights, French doors, vee-groove and ledger doors, casement windows.
- Kitchens: original cabinets adapted to modern standard dimensions, kitchen dresser, pass-through cabinet, frameless cabinets, kitchen nook.
- Built-Ins: china cabinets, sideboard, room divider, bookcases, wall paneling with cabinetry.
- Bed and bath: closet with seat, medicine cabinets, his-and-hers cabinet.
Fireplace, mantel & stairs: fire surrounds, paneled nooks with seats, fireplace with entertainment center, newels, balusters, tread-anbd-riser details.
This book gives the architect, interior designer, builder, woodworker, and furniture maker the heart of the Craftsman aesthetic in an attractive, practical, and durable format.